For nearly 125 years Johnson’s® mission has been to create the gentlest baby products in the world. Products so mild, they can be used for every age and stage of a baby’s life.That’s our standard of gentle. But gentle isn’t only in our bottles, it is also in our heart.
At Johnson’s®, we believe in the immense, transformative power of gentle in the world.Of being gentle with our children, and with their dreams and ambitions.Gentle with each other.Gentle with the earth.Gentle with our words and thoughts and actions.Gentle means safe.Gentle means pure.Gentle means confident.Gentle means happy.
That’s why everything we make, everything we do and everything we stand for is as gentle as you want the world to be.
What It Takes to Choose Gentle: Our Promises to You
Never Stop Raising the Bar
Only Use Purposeful Ingredients
Be Open and Honest
Think Like a Parent First
Help Make the World a Gentler Place
The Power of Scent
We purposefully chose to keep fragrance in our new products because scent plays a key part in happy, healthy baby development. In collaboration with the world’s premier fragrance houses, we created our new gentle scents.
Reducing Environmental Impact
At Johnson’s®, we are committed to carefully crafting all our formulas to be gentle on the environment, because we want to create products that are best for babies and the world around them.
Pioneers in Baby Care Research
We’re committed to delivering the best for babies. For decades, we’ve pioneered research to further understand the unique needs of baby’s eyes, skin and hair. This science is behind every one of our gentle and mild products, which beat the top safety standards in the world.
Here’s some of our baby care research:
- Babies’ eyes continue to develop after birth, making sight the last sense to fully develop
- Eye contact is critical for social development
- Newborns can only focus their eyes at 8 to 12 inches (the distance to your face when you’re cradling or feeding)
- Babies blink 2 to 5 times per minute, so their eyes are more vulnerable to irritation
- Physical contact is a baby’s first emotional bond, and is key for emotional and intellectual development
- Skin is the first line of defense against toxins, irritants, and allergens
- Babies’ skin is up to 30% thinner and more sensitive than adults
- Hydration is key for strong baby skin
- Babies are able to smell before they’re born
- Enjoyable and familiar scents improve mood, calmness, and alertness
- Mother’s scent can stop baby from crying
- In a study, babies bathed with a fragrance bath product engaged 30% more with their mothers after bath, compared to babies bathed in a non-fragrance bath
- Studies indicate that 20-30% of babies experience sleep problems
- Most parents (76% in one report) express a desire to change some aspect of their baby’s sleep
- We partnered with Dr. Jodi Mindell, a leading pediatric sleep expert from Saint Joseph's University and the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, to develop our 3-Step Bedtime®Routine
- Help your baby fall asleep faster and stay asleep longer with our 3-Step Bedtime® routine